Questions to Ask Yourself:
Here are some things to consider before contacting SEDC:
- What product or service are you looking to sell?
- Have you identified or researched your market?
- Who are your customers?
- Who are your competitors?
- What start-up costs (registration & licensing, building, equipment, supplies, etc.) do you expect?
- Have you considered what form your business would best operate under? (ie: sole proprietorship, limited partnership, corporation)
- What financing may be needed?
- Do you have equity (cash or in-kind) to contribute to the business?
- Are you going to develop a sales & marketing plan?
- Have you projected your production costs?
- What Federal or Provincial regulations affect your business? (environmental, health, safety, etc.)
These are only some of the questions which need to be investigated when looking at starting a new business.
Business Advisory Services
- Assistance in Business Plan Preparation and Review
- General Business Information & Demographics
- Government Programs & Training re: Business Management
- Export Readiness Information
- Assistance in negotiating loan packages with other lending institutions