Position Title: Summer Student, Office Administrator
Reports To: Saugeen Economic Development Corporation (SEDC)
Position Status: Start immediately - September 2022
Location: 515 Mill Street, Neustadt
Pay Method: $18.00 Per Hour
Normal Work Week: 35 Hours Per Week
The SEDC is a private, non-profit organization whose mandate is to actively pursue and encourage the development, implementation and maintenance of local initiatives that promote community development, job creation and the growth of small businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in administering events, training, marketing, and other economic development initiatives of SEDC in accordance with agreements, procedures and plans.
2. Provide administrative support. Attends regular and special meetings of SEDC, or any of its subcommittees, provides reports of work completed and scheduled to be completed, and provides other information as requested by the committee.
3. Attends business site visits or requested meetings of partners, upon request.
4. Monitors, evaluates and reports on the status of SEDC programs and services and makes recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Events / Training
1. Ensures SEDCs core events, training, initiatives, and promotions are coordinated, managed, and delivered efficiently and effectively.
Marketing / Communications
2. Assists with marketing strategies, including developing marketing partnerships.
3. Carries out promotional strategies for events, training, initiatives, and plans with internal and external partners using a variety of media (radio, print, social media, etc.)
4. Assists with the production, updating, and availability of marketing tools (i.e., website, directories, resources, profiles, social media, print publications and materials, radio campaigns, various linkages, etc.)
5. Maintains effective relationships and represents SEDC in dealings with appropriate businesses, agencies, organizations, and committees.
Statistical and Demographic Collection
1. Assists with the collection of data from various sources
2. Analyzes data for various uses
1. Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
• Experience in Economic Development, Business, or Marketing.
• Experience in a not-for-profit or municipal environment.
• Experience in community and business engagement, communications, and media relations.
• Expertise in developing digital content, graphic design, and social media marketing.
• Word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet computer skills.
• The ability to foster a cooperative work environment and positive results with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and public relations skills required to work effectively with internal and external contacts
• Ability to meet deadlines, and function well under pressure.
• Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License in good standing.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Work is typically performed in a standard office setting, though some travel is required. Physical and Virtual event coordination (including programming and/or set up and tear down) is regularly conducted including lifting and hauling of heavy/awkward objects for physical events.
May be required to work unusual hours to manage and attend events and meetings, and to respond to business and community needs in a timely manner.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.