THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN CLOSED
Position Title: Hawks Nest Coordinator
Reports To: General Managers
Position Status: Contract Position; period of one year.
Location: Home Office with regular visits to SEDC, Neustadt, and to Bruce CFDC office, Kincardine
Pay Method: Annual salary $46,000
Normal Work Week: 37.5 Hours Per Week on avg
Start Date: Oct 1, 2022
Hawks’ Nest is a Dragons’ Den-inspired competition where entrepreneurs from various sectors pitch their business ideas in an attempt to secure financial support from local “Hawk” investors.
The event is a partnership between the Saugeen Economic Development Corporation and the Bruce Community Futures Development Corporation. Entrepreneurs from within Grey and Bruce Counties, the Municipality of Wellington North and the city of Owen Sound can apply.
The Coordinator’s responsibility is to work with both organizations to ensure that that the event is financially successful through fundraising by collaborating with a multitude of partners, businesses, contractors, affiliates, and service agencies. As well to market the event and organize the televised evening competition.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Seeks out sponsors through fundraising opportunities utilizing the sponsorship package.
2. Seeks out and applies for grants that support Hawks’ Nest initiatives. Manages grant applications and reporting, requests for quotes.
3. Seeks out, develops and implements new Hawks’ Nest revenue sources.
4. Assists with the development, implementation and monitoring of Hawks’ Nest budgets in consultation with the Hawks’ Nest partners.
1. Assists in administering events, training, and marketing, in accordance with agreements, procedures and plans.
2. Attends regular and special meetings, provides reports of work completed and scheduled to be completed, and provides other information as requested.
3. Attends site visits or requested meetings of partners, upon request, for marketing purposes.
4. Monitors, evaluates and reports on the status and makes recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
5. Develops the evenings’ program, in accordance with the sponsorship package.
Events / Training:
1. Ensures Hawks’ Nest core events, training initiatives and promotions are coordinated, managed, and delivered efficiently and effectively.
Marketing / Communications:
1. Assists with marketing strategies, including developing marketing partnerships.
2. Carries out promotional strategies for the event, training, initiatives, and plans with internal and external partners using a variety of media (radio, print, social media, etc.)
3. Assists with the production, updating and availability of marketing tools (i.e., website, directories, resources, profiles, social media, print publications and materials, radio campaigns, various linkages, etc.)
4. Maintains effective relationships and represents Hawks’ Nest in dealings with appropriate businesses, agencies, organizations, and committees.
1. Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
• Experience in fundraising.
• Post-secondary diploma or equivalent experience in Economic Development, Business, or Marketing.
• Experience in a not-for-profit or municipal environment.
• Expertise in developing digital content, graphic design and social media marketing.
• Word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet computer skills.
• The ability to foster a cooperative work environment and positive results with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and public relations skills required to work effectively with internal and external contacts and with the public as the Hawks’ Nest representative.
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and function well under pressure.
• Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License in good standing.
• Must provide proof of double vaccination.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Work is typically performed in a standard office setting, though some travel is required. Physical and Virtual event coordination (including programming and/or set up and tear down) is regularly conducted includes lifting and hauling of heavy/awkward objects for physical events.
May be required to work unusual hours to manage and attend events and meetings, and to respond to business and community needs in a timely manner.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email by 4:00pm on Friday, September 9th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
SEDC is an equal-opportunity employer. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Applicants must self-identify and make their accessibility needs known in advance. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Program Coordinator Application.pdf