What does the Saugeen Economic Development Corporation do?
As a Community Futures Development Corporation with a history of serving small business clients for over 30 years, we provide 3 primary areas of service:
- Loans and equity investment
- Small business counselling
- Community economic development
What grants are available to help me with my business idea?
Currently there are no grants available to starting up or expanding businesses. There are, however, many other assistance programs geared towards various types of businesses. Information regarding these programs can be found at the Saugeen Economic Development Corporation or at the Canada-Ontario Business Service Centre website www.cbsc.org/ontario All the information is free of charge!
Where is the Saugeen Business Development Centre located?
The Saugeen Economic Development Corporation is located at 515 Mill Street - P.O. Box 177 in Neustadt, ON.
What area does the Saugeen Economic Development Corporation represent?
Our service area includes the municipalities of (brackets indicate SEDC coverage within amalgamated Municipality):
- Arran-Elderslie (Chesley, Elderslie Twp, Paisley & Dobbinton)
- Brockton (Brant Twp, Cargill & Walkerton)
- Grey Highlands (Artemesia Twp, Flesherton & Markdale)
- South Bruce (Carrick Twp & Mildmay)
- Wellington North
- West Grey
How do I register my business?
There are three ways you can register your new business.
- Go Online to https://www.ontario.ca/page/registering-your-business-name Complete the form on-line for a cost of $60.00 and $8.00 for each business name search. Payment can be made by VISA, MasterCard or American Express. Once the form is submitted, you can choose to receive your Master Business Licence by email, which you can then download and print. You will also receive your receipt for payment. Or, you can have it delivered through regular mail.
- Download the form, using the link above, then mail in the completed form with a cheque for $80.00.
Your Master Business License will be mailed to you in 6 - 8 weeks.
- Visit the closest Ontario Business Connects (OBC) computer workstation and complete the form. The cost to register your business name at these sites is $60.00 and $8.00 per business name search. Payment can be made by cash, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or money order. Once the form is submitted, your Master Business License is printed at the workstation immediately. In the Saugeen Community, the closest workstations are located in:
- Port Elgin at the Saugeen Shores & Area Small Business Self Help Office, 600 Tomlinson Drive, 832-2008
- Owen Sound at the Land Registry Office, 1555 Sixteenth Street East Units 519-376-1637
Is lending money to businesses all you do?
No - the SEDC offers resources and is involved in many projects to assist businesses and communities.
We offer information in the following areas, federal and provincial government programs, regional demographics for marketing research, business planning consultation, business training seminars and workshops, as well as regional and local government information.
Some of the projects SEDC has been involved with in the past include: feasibility studies, business directories, industrial directories, strategic planning, targeted business attraction programs, youth skills training and development, and "The Saugeen Economy" bi-annual newsletter.
If you have any questions or project ideas, please contact us at the Saugeen Economic Development Corporation.
SEDC Contact Information:
P.O. Box 177, 515 Mill Street, Neustadt, ON N0G 2M0 | Ph: 519-799-5750 | Toll-free: 1-877-335-7332 | Fax: 519-799-5750