Putting You On The Path To A More Successful Small Business
The Saugeen Economic Development Corporation (SEDC) and Community Futures program supports your small business by offering loans of up to $250,000 to start, expand, or reposition. Renovations, equipment, inventory, and working capital can all be financed with support from SEDC.
Whether you’re starting a new enterprise or expanding an existing one, if you feel that you have a strong concept and business plan, we recommend that you contact us. Our Business Manager / Loans Officer will work with you to determine the feasibility of the plan and explore all possible alternatives available.
SEDC's mandate is to create and maintain jobs, which allows us some flexibility and creativity when developing business loans. Our goal is to assist businesses to succeed and grow: therefore, we look at the whole business plan (i.e. concept, management, partners, experience, demographics…and the numbers).
While this is our mandate, it does not guarantee approval. The submitted business plan must stand up to the scrutiny of our Board of Directors as a feasible, viable plan.
Business Loans Program Details
- Financing up to $250,000 maximum
- Term of financing based on each individual application
- Costs of financing are based on each application and its variables*
- Loan repayment terms tailored to each client's needs
- Average decision turnaround of 1 week to 1 month, timeline based on individual factors
- All loans must be secured (e.g. P.P.S.A., mortgage, personal guarantee)
* Some financing and processing & account management fees may apply
Applying For An SEDC Business Loan
Applications, disclosure and release forms available for download:
COVID-19 Related Loans
Bruce County Emergency Business Sustainability Loan to help businesses affected by COVID-19
Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (Round 2) to help businesses affected by COVID-19
Youth Initiative Loan Program
Agricultural Loan Fund
Advancing Women Economically (AWE)
Please note, all loan applicants must:
- apply with a business plan
- include cash flow projections or financial statements
- submit the Notice to SEDC Clients form with the application
- provide additional supporting documents as requested
Learn More Or Apply Today
Take the path toward a more successful small business.
Speak with our Business Manager / Loans Officer with the Saugeen Economic Development Corporation for more details about our small business loans program.